Global Caravan for Education and Cultural Exchange qualifies for the exempt from Federal income tax under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All contributions are deductible under section 170 of the Code.
Global Caravan for Education and Cultural Exchange is also qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts under section 2055, 2106 or 2522 of the code.
Supplies are key to this project.
• Books from kindergarten level through junior high
• Books (all subjects) + teachers’ manuals
• We need a lot of novels
• Paper, note books, poster boards, pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners, crayons, markers….
• School bags
• Geography maps (Atlas and others)
• Science, geography and history documentary videos and books
• Microscopes (with all accessories) for sciences
• Overhead projectors (with accessories).
• Kindles (for electronic books)
• Supplies for math, physics and geometry: rulers; compass; measuring degrees
It is difficult to image a 21st century education without computers; in Africa it is a reality. They don’t have it. Global Caravan will help introduce students and their teachers the use of computer. Please sign up to donate any of the items listed to help these children take their first and most serious step into in the twenty-first century education system.
• Videos/documentaries (sciences, history, geography and all others available) / we accept material on CDs as well as VHS
• DVD players
• VHS players
• TV sets
• Cameras and camcorders (to share in image their activities and their new school life with the library with us, our donors and the youth in the West)